Privacy & Cookies Policy
This notice discloses the privacy practices for the Lane Powell PC website. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- What cookies are used on the website;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to any third party.
Information We Collect Automatically
By browsing the www.lanepowell.com website or downloading information, our servers will automatically collect particular information from you, including:
- Name of the domain and host, IP address and proxy server from which you access the internet;
- Web browser software you use;
- Device used to access the website and associated operating system;
- Your usage of the website; and
- Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this website.
For users who access the website via mobile device, we collect information about your device, ISP and mobile carrier. We use GPS to obtain location information. Users have the option to opt-in or opt-out.
We use the information automatically collected to manage and improve our website to make it as useful as possible for visitors like you. None of the information we automatically collect is tied to the personal information you may provide to us. We process all data for legitimate business interests and user data of any form is not used for fraud prevention or investigations.
We use information collected from this website for various purposes, including:
- To provide legal services;
- To improve the quality of the website;
- To communicate with you about your submitted questions;
- To notify you of your registration to events and subscribed direct marketing content; and
- To analyze usage trends and monitor specific pages.
We will not disclose the personal information you provide to us without your consent, except:
- As required by law;
- To our independent contractors who host and maintain our website and email services; and
- To service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us.
Our website uses data statistic cookies (Google Analytics and Siteimprove) which track what content you access on the site. This information is used to improve the overall functionality and performance of the site by analyzing trends and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personal information.
Effective May 25, 2018, Google Analytics data is retained for 14 months. Any user and event data that is older than the retention setting will be marked for permanent deletion, and will no longer be accessible in Google Analytics.
Siteimprove anonymizes the IP addresses of website visitors so that your browsing behavior cannot be connected to you.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us at any time. To opt out, follow the instructions in the mailing or submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may still receive non-promotional communications such as account updates or business relations.
Users have the ability to access, change and control the data we have collected. Lane Powell aims to keep personal data accurate and up to date. You may email us with a proof of identity to exercise personal data rights under the GDPR. An individual making a request to access their personal data must follow these steps:
- Request shall be made by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name, username or alternative names;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Basis for understanding that Lane Powell has custody or control of personal data;
- Specific details about the personal data; and
- Request type – delete, transfer or modify.
- The requester may experience a delay in response if the request is not sent to the correct email address and Lane Powell cannot be responsible for the delay.
- Lane Powell shall respond to all properly-submitted requests within one month of receipt of that request.
- Lane Powell shall document all requests submitted pursuant to the policy, the titles of persons or offices responsible for receiving and processing requests, and information regarding what searches for personal data were conducted.
- Note: All data will be removed, except data that is required to be retained by law and internal audit policies.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, we take steps to protect your information both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Please contact us if you have questions about this policy.
Lane Powell PC
1420 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101